One of the first things you should look for in any driver training school—but especially in a truck driver training school—is the experience of the instructors. When you research schools in your area, make sure you find out how many years of experience your potential instructors will have, and what areas of truck driving they’ve personally worked in.

Here are some tips for finding a good truck driving school:

  1. Do your research. Search for truck driving schools in your area and look for information about the instructors and their experience level. If the school’s website has a “testimonials” or “success stories” page, you can find out what kind of students the school usually takes on.
  2. Check if the school is registered with your province’s Ministry of Transportation. For example, you can check the Alberta Transportation website and see that AB RoadSafe is listed as a licensed driver training school.
  3. Make sure the school has any specialized training that you’re going to need down the road. For example, we offer Off-Road, B-Train, and Oilfield Training courses, but not all schools do. It’s easier to continue working with the same school as you continue in your career, so keep this in mind!
  4. Figure out if the school will work for you. If you need to do your training on the evening or weekend, does the school let you complete your training at those times? Does the school customize its training to suit the needs of its students, or does it only offer cookie cutter programs?

Have a question? Leave us a comment below!

A little bit about us:

We’re located in Sturgeon County, Alberta (near Edmonton) and we have over 32 years of driving experience, including off-road, heavy haul, oilfield, long haul, and state side driving, and offer specialized Off-Road, B-Train, and Oilfield Training. Meeting the needs of our students and clients is important to us, so we offer daytime, evening and weekend courses. We can also customize our Light Duty Vehicle Training course (or any other course) to suit the needs of any student or company.

If you’re interested in working with us, you can contact Corri by email or at (780) 668-9799. If you’d like us to contact you with course availability and dates, just fill out our course inquiry form and we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email, whichever you prefer!

like2 likes
Posted by: administrator ON Wed, December 10, 2014 at 2:51:13 pm MST    Comments (3)
My new motor home(class A)has air brakes. I believe a special ticket is needed for proper operation of this type of vehicle? Looking for instruction.
Posted by: Russ ON Tue, April 21, 2015 at 8:00:13 pm MDT
Yes, you will need an Air Brake certificate (or Q endorsement) for that. Our next Air Brake class is Saturday, April 25 at 9:00. Let me know if you would like to attend.
Posted by: Admin ON Tue, April 21, 2015 at 11:50:13 pm MDT
Automatic Driving Lessons I Female Driving Instructors I Crash course I Intensive driving lessons I Nervous Driver Lessons I Refresher Lessons. For more information's and details to visit us:
Posted by: drivinginstructorschool ON Sat, August 5, 2023 at 2:19:44 am MDT
Add Comment
Url:     http://
* Required Fields

Find Us on Social Media:

Please Note

* Students must be at least 18 years of age and hold a minimum (valid) Alberta Class 5 (non GDL) driver's licence.

* Knowledge Exam required PRIOR to in-vehicle training or testing

* Medical Exam required before Class 1 licence will be granted

* Road tests = Examination Fees (knowledge and/or road) + hours of truck rental

* Book ahead with a group and receive a discount



AB RoadSafe Safety and Driver Training

26526 TWP Rd 543

Sturgeon County, Alberta

(780) 668-9799

Version 5.3.1
Site Map | Login | Powered By: Techweavers Inc.