Office Manager/Accountant: Corri McCarty (Email)
Senior Instructor: Dennis McCarty (Email)
Dennis started out driving long haul with his father: he started driving a truck at the age of 14, and got his license when he was 18 years old.
After high school, Dennis moved from New Brunswick to Alberta, and got a job working at Schlumberger. It was only a few months before management approached him to become a heavy equipment and class 1 truck driving instructor. They sent him to Tulsa, Oklahoma, to begin his truck training at one of the best heavy equipment training facilities for oilfield. He finished top of his class, and when he came back to Alberta, he worked his way up to supervisor as a service technician and continued training employees.
When the oil industry slowed down, Dennis decided it was time to focus on being an truck driver instructor. He trained at:
- Alberta Infrastructure to get his Government Class 1 and Class 3 truck training instructor licence
- SAIT to become an airbrake instructor
- Enform to become certified to teach their safety courses for the oilfield sector
Since then, he’s worked in management at training facilities, been a transportation manager for a large oilfield company, acted as chairman for a two-year pilot program at Red Deer college, and has trained thousands of Class 1 and Class 3 truck drivers.
Dennis worked in the oilfield and training industry until 2011, when we opened a new school. AB RoadSafe’s first location was in Red Deer, Alberta, where we trained many oilfield and transportation drivers. We moved the school to its new location in Sturgeon County in January 2014.
Dennis is certified to teach:
- Class 1 Truck Training
- Class 3 Truck Training
- Airbrake Program
- Collision Avoidance Driver Training
- Classs 1, 3 and 5 Driver Evaluations
- Heavy Vehicle Training, Light Duty Vehicle, Off-Road Training (Oilfield)
- Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
- Hours of Service (Log Books)
- Cargo Securement
- Chaining Up
- Fatigue Management
- First Aid
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)/Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
- Forklift/Skidsteer/Bobcat/Front End Loader
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Confined Space
Any other instructors are hired on an “as needed” basis. When we do need instructors, though, you can count on us to make sure we’re providing highly experienced and qualified people.
AB RoadSafe is proudly offering truck driver training, class 1 truck training, class 3 truck training, and air brake certification programs to Sturgeon County, Parkland County, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Edson, Drayton Valley, Edmonton, Morinville, St. Albert, Westlock, Fort McMurray, Athabasca and surrounding areas!!